[Dovecot] ACLs are applied recursively to sub mailboxes

Sascha Wilde wilde at intevation.de
Wed Mar 4 18:29:34 EET 2009

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> writes:

> On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 17:01 +0100, Sascha Wilde wrote:
>> Hi *,
>>
>> The problem is most noticeable when a user shares his INBOX[0][1] with
>> others:
>>
>> User A sets his INBOX acls to "eilprwtsd"
>>
>> Now User B can see _all_ sub mailboxes and sub sub [...] mailboxes and
>> their contents of User A:
>
> That shouldn't happen. There's no code for doing recursive ACLs. Sounds
> more like a bug somewhere. I'll check it later.

Thanks.

>>   * ACL "INBOX" "A at example.com" akxeilprwtscd "B at example.com" eilprwtsd "A at example.com" lrwstipekxacd
>
> A at example.com is there twice?..

Oh, haven't noticed that, but yes its actually there twice.  The
dovecot-acl file contains:
  user=A at example.com akxeilprwts
  user=B at example.com eilprwts

>>   * LIST (\HasChildren) "/" "user/1 at aztec.intevation.de/foobar"
>
> How does user B see this mailbox's ACLs? Is the mailbox also selectable?

Well good question -- unfortunately I can't tell: both getacl and
myrights on "user/1 at aztec.intevation.de/foobar" make the imap process
die on SIGV...  :-(

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde                                          OpenPGP key: 4BB86568
http://www.intevation.de/~wilde/                  http://www.intevation.de/