[Dovecot] Clients and dovecot-uidlist

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Fri Jul 31 20:04:32 EEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 01:00:38PM -0400, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > In a setup like mine where INDEXES and CONTROL point to different places for instance.
> > Is there something wrong with such a solution ?
>
> But aren't both of them in local disk then?

No. At the moment, the Maildirs and the control files are on NFS, indexes are
on local disk. That's ok since I've got only one server for now.

Since I plan to split dovecot and postfix on 2 different servers but want to be
able to use anyone of them back to run both postfix and dovecot if one of them
crash, I plan to put indexes and control files on NFS.

--
Thomas Hummel 	    | Institut Pasteur
<hummel at pasteur.fr> | Pôle informatique - systèmes et réseau