[Dovecot] Clients and dovecot-uidlist

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Fri Jul 31 11:47:30 EEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 01:33:27PM -0400, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> I think it's a bad idea. Besides the UID problems causing all kinds of
> trouble with clients (some clients ignore UIDVALIDITY completely (Apple
> Mail, at least used to)

Woah! That's indeed stupid from them...

> and the result is that opening a message from
> list opens a completely different mail)

That I don't get since, even if UIDALIDITY change, and even if new messages
arrive in the mailbox between dovecot-uidlist erasement and recreation, since
INTERNAL DATE is not supposed to change, same messages will get same UIDs won't
they ? At least, that's what happens in my tests.

> control files also contain
> dovecot-keywords which provides the maildir filename letter <-> keyword
> mapping.

Yes, I know about keywords, I didn't mentionned it though.

--
Thomas Hummel 	    | Institut Pasteur
<hummel at pasteur.fr> | Pôle informatique - systèmes et réseau