[Dovecot] sieve delivery to utf folders

Nikita Koshikov koshikov at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 09:27:16 EEST 2009

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 17:06:35 +0200
Stephan Bosch <stephan at rename-it.nl> wrote:

> You are using mUTF-7 in folder names. According to the Sieve
> specification, you must use the UTF-8 version. The fileinto command
> internally translates this to the mUTF-7 equivalent, so that the IMAP
> server sees it as expected. This is a change of about half a year ago:
>
> http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-1.2-sieve/rev/fc0395d50d04

How can I set utf-8 as folder names ? my $LANG is ru_RU.UTF-8 now.
I might misunderstand something, but why client created folder name in mUTF-7 and sieve fileinto internally converted mUTF-7 name are not the same ?

/usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-utf7 -r "тест"
&BEIENQRBBEI-				// this is like clients create mail

/usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-utf7 "&BEIENQRBBEI-"
тест					//this decoding fine

/usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-utf7 "&-BEIENQRBBEI-"
&BEIENQRBBEI-				//this is like sieve created folder looks in the mail-client programs.