[Dovecot] Some people asked me lately about how professional Dovecot is.

Stewart Dean sdean at bard.edu
Wed Jul 29 18:22:56 EEST 2009

I purely love that kind of crap.  As if presentations meant anything, as
if there aren't all kinds of scholarly work about theoretical perfect
world algorithms and conceptual systems that will never be implemented
and are as practical and effective as wings on a pig.  Please.

I'm reminded of the story about how, during the American Civil War, when
the North had finally, after years of ignominious defeats, gotten a
general would could fight and win a battle, General Grant.  A fussy old
lady approached President Lincoln and complained loudly that Grant was a
drunk.  Lincoln blinked at the woman, then said, "Ma'am, if you'll be so
kind as to find out what kind of whiskey Grant drinks, I'll send a case
of it to all the other generals."

Dovecot Works.  That's all anyone needs to know.  Plus it has a towering
wizard of a developer and an avid, engaged and endlessly helpful community.
--
==== Once upon a time, the Internet was a friendly,
neighbors-helping-neighbors small town, and no one locked their doors.