[Dovecot] dovecot-1.2.2+sieve 0.1.9: sieve issues with (global?) includes

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Jul 29 03:11:59 EEST 2009

Tom Hendrikx schreef:
> Hi,
>
> After upgrading from dovecot 1.1 to dovecot 1.2.2 and the new sieve
> implementation (0.1.9), I'm having some strange problems. I'm including
> some general purpose scripts into my user script from sieve_global_dir.
>
> After some tests it seems that ths scripts get executed at random:
> sometimes the mail gets stored in the correct dir, and sometimes it goes
> to inbox. This also happens while using the same compiled .svbin file.
>
> Another indication that something is wrong with the compiled .svbin is
> output of sieved (see below). Running sieved on the compiled
> test{1,2,3}.svbin files gives regular output.

> Output of 'sieved /home/tomhendr/.default.svbin
> ===============================
> * Required extensions:
>
>   0: include (16)
>   1: fileinto (5)
> Panic: file ext-include-variables.c: line 133
> (ext_include_variables_dump): assertion failed: (global_vars != NULL)
> Error: Raw backtrace: sieved [0xa7fbfe10] ->
> sieved(default_fatal_handler+0x57) [0xa7fbfe97] -> sieved [0xa7fc006e]
> -> sieved [0xa7f7384c] -> sieved(ext_include_binary_dump+0x48)
> [0xa7f531c8] -> sieved(sieve_binary_dumper_run+0x119) [0xa7f671a9] ->
> sieved(sieve_dump+0x42) [0xa7f4bf82] ->
> sieved(sieve_tool_dump_binary_to+0x6f) [0xa7f7b77f] ->
> sieved(main+0x174) [0xa7f42564] ->
> /lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xe2) [0xa7dce712] -> sieved [0xa7f422b1]
> Aborted
> ===============================

Thanks for the thorough bug report. I could reproduce this instantly. I
forgot to initialize the binary for use with the include extension in
one particular situation: when the binary is loaded from disk. Directly
after compilation, all works well. Fixed:

http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-1.2-sieve/rev/d989537882d0

I've tested this fix with sieved and sieve-test and both show correct
behaviour, so I am pretty confident that the problem is resolved for the
actual Sieve plugin as well. Your dump should look as in the attached
file after applying the fix. I'll make a new release soon, once I've
thoroughly tested recent changes to the action execution code.

Sadly the binary load/save functionality is not yet part of the test
suite, giving this bug the opportunity to slip through. Adding this to
the testsuite should not be too much work, so I'll give that some more
priority.

Regards,

--
Stephan Bosch