[Dovecot] dovecot 1.2.1 and sieve-0.9.1

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Jul 29 01:58:42 EEST 2009

John Killian schreef:
> Hi all,
>
> ok, can someone tell me which header fields that the "Sender" function
> in sieve looks at ???
>
> I've created a sieve rule to move a mail to a directory that looks like
> this :
> # rule:[File Message]
> if anyof (address :contains "Sender" "Dude")
> {
>         fileinto "TestFolder";
> }
>
> And the emails headers look like this :

[..headers..]

First of all, there is no "sender" header in the example you provided.
The only header I see is "from". But more importantly, the name before
the address enclosed in <> is not matched with the address test (i.e.
the phrase part of the address, containing 'Dude', is ignored). This
kind of match can only be achieved with the header test.

Regards,

--
Stephan Bosch
stephan at rename-it.nl