[Dovecot] Dovecot-1.1.15 panics

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jul 28 00:39:41 EEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 08:23 -0500, Mike Abbott wrote:
> There is still lots of "noise" in the log though.  The attached perl
> script just sends and retrieves mail over and over:
..
> When run against a Mac OS X server with dovecot-1.1.16 and dovecot's
> deliver via postfix, there are lots of errors and warnings.  See the
> attached log.  Are these normal?

Nope. I've now managed to get this twice in last two days:

Fixed index file /Users/tss/Maildir/dovecot.index: log_file_seq 1 -> 22

Once with my Macbook/Leopard and the second time with Mac mini/Snow
Leopard server. I've now added some debug code, but it takes forever to
get that error even once, so it's kind of difficult.

Is that a normal HFS+ filesystem? Anything special done to it? With
case-insensitive filenames? Have you tried my imaptest tool
(http://imapwiki.org/ImapTest) to see if it gives errors?

BTW. Is there some really easy way to get those Net::IMAP::Simple etc.
Perl packages installed? I'm now running the Perl script from a separate
Linux machine over WLAN..