[Dovecot] Several errors

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jul 25 03:40:28 EEST 2009

On Jul 24, 2009, at 8:19 PM, FraNL wrote:

> If this message again appear as new message - my apologies, but then
> a bit
> more info on "how to reply on the mailing list" would be appreciated.
>
> The problem with the version number is solved.

Not really..

> Solution:
> 1. # rpm -e dovecot
> 2. Remove manually all files and directories called dovecot or
> something
> with dovecot in the name
> 3. Download http://www.dovecot.org/releases/1.2/dovecot-1.0.7.tar.gz
> 4. # tar -zxvf dovecot-1.0.7.tar.gz

Why did you now install 1.0.7, and from sources even? My suggestion:

rpm -e dovecot
find /usr -name 'dovecot*' | xargs rm -rf

Download v1.2.1 RPM from http://atrpms.net/dist/el5/dovecot/

Install it.

> dovecot: Jul 25 01:59:55 Info: Dovecot v1.0.7 starting up
> dovecot: Jul 25 01:59:56 Error: Temporary failure in creating login
> processes, slowing down for now
> dovecot: Jul 25 01:59:56 Error: imap-login: USER environment missing

The only reason why this error would happen is if you have mixed
versions of Dovecot installed.