[Dovecot] Compiling Dovecot

Jason Silkey jcsilkey at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 07:48:24 EEST 2009

I'm attempting to compile Dovecot 1.2.1 from source with support for
ManageSieve, with little success.  ./configure seems to complete
successfully, but make fails with the message:

make: *** No targets.  Stop.

I checked the Makefile, and it's empty.  I run into the same problem
no matter the configure options, with or without the managesieve patch
applied, and even with earlier versions (I also tried 1.2.0 and 1.1.17
just to see if it would work, but no go).  I've had no problems
compiling other software, so I'm at a bit of a loss here.  Any thoughts?