[Dovecot] vpopmail and shared mailbox

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jul 20 22:58:00 EEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 12:41 -0700, David Fuchs wrote:
> I got one step further with this! now I see the shared namespace in the client.
>
> however, when I try to subscribe I get:
>
> Query: SUBSCRIBE "shared.someuser.INBOX"
> Reason Given: Unknown subscription namespace

I guess your primary namespace has INBOX. prefix? You could decide to
either deprecate the INBOX. prefix and use it only for compatibility
with old clients:

namespace private {
  prefix =
  inbox = yes
}
namespace private {
  prefix = INBOX.
  alias_for =
  list = no
  hidden = yes
}

Or you could keep the INBOX. as the primary namespace and use a kludgy
workaround to catch the subscriptions:

namespace private {
  prefix =
  alias_for = INBOX.