[Dovecot] dsync - one or two ways?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jul 17 23:39:16 EEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 22:31 +0200, joakim at verona.se wrote:
> This sounds really awesome! How testable is it?

By "testable" do you mean "is it working now"? It should work except for
mailbox deletions and renames. But I haven't really tested it, just ran
unit tests. :) And it pretty much requires using Dovecot v2.0 for IMAP
so that it can handle expunges properly. And I wouldn't really recommend
doing that yet..

> My setup would be:
> - one server dovecot that is online all the time, filtering email to several
> mailboxes with sieve scripts
>   - the server dovecot would receive changes through a webmail instance
> - a dovecot running on my laptop that I would like to be in sync with
> the server dovecot. I read mail there with Gnus.

Yeah, should work with that setup.

> Theres only a one user(me) that would have this setup, but there are
> a handful of other users as well. I have a couple of hundred mailboxes
> to sync. Can all mailboxes be synced automatically, or do I need to make
> a list of them for dsync?

User's all mailboxes are synced automatically.