[Dovecot] user unknown with deliver

Rainer Frey rainer.frey at inxmail.de
Thu Jul 16 17:11:23 EEST 2009

On Thursday 16 July 2009 15:38:25 Nikolay Shopik wrote:
> Charles Marcus wrote:
> > On 7/16/2009 9:16 AM, Nikolay Shopik wrote:
> >> I'm using GMAIL style saving sent items automatically, so email don't
> >> send twice to server. First when sending via smtp, second when MUA
> >> saving it to IMAP sent folder.
> >
> > Hmmm... interesting idea...
> >
> > Are you having trouble with a working config after an upgrade? Or are
> > you still in the process of trying to get it to work?
>
> Well its working if email address and authentication name are same and I
> use such command line:
> flags=DRhu user=vmail:vmail argv=/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -d ${sender}
> -m Sent

Are the failing users actually authenticated, or maybe permitted by
mynetworks? in this case ${sasl_username} would be empty.

Other thought: how is the transport used? Perhaps postfix needs a valid
recipient map for the delivery to this transport.

> I can't say its Dovecot problem, I'm just curious if that problem of
> Dovecot or I should post this to Postfix mailing list.

I guess it needs to be fixed in postfix configuration.

Rainer