[Dovecot] Sieve question

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Tue Jul 14 15:28:35 EEST 2009

On 07/07/2009 07:59 PM CJ Keist wrote:
> If there is a separate sieve mailing list let me know. But have question
> if someone else has done this or not.
>
> Right now I have web form people use to setup their vacation replies
> using Sieve (1.1.6).  The form alows them to set what they want their
> reply address to be, whether to send the reply once, weekly or
> bi-weekly.  I would like to setup another option to let them set the
> date in which to de-active the vacation replies automatically.  Right
> now they have to remember to log back into the form to turn off the
> vacation reply.
>     Has anyone set something like this up?

The users are on holiday while the script is active? During this time
the users does not login to imap/pop3?
And you are using sieve only for vacation replies?

If you answered all questions with 'yes', read on.

Save the sieve script under a specific name, e.g.
~/sieve/vacation-reply.sieve. Use a post-loging Script, which tells
the user she/he has to deactivate the sieve script in order to use
the imap/pop3 server.
For further information see: <http://wiki.dovecot.org/PostLoginScripting>

Regards,
Pascal