[Dovecot] Sieve problem: No vacation message when mail is addressed to an alias of the mailbox.

Geert Hendrickx ghen at telenet.be
Mon Jul 13 16:59:07 EEST 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 03:42:31PM +0200, Steffen Kaiser wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jul 2009, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
>> It's RFC recommended practice, see RFC 3834:
>
> I know. Just for this I re-calcalculated my email address stats.
>
> There is a SHOULD two times. I have replied on this somewhen in the past
> already. My email domain can be written in 488 ways plus some wicked others.
> Now add the 87 aliases I have, minus some list-specific plus some others.

This is not the case for the general user, so in general the advice is useful,
and avoids a lot of useles backscatter and mailing list pollution.

> Yes I am "able to specify a set of addresses to the responder which it will
> recognize as valid for that recipient."
>
> Yes, you can call this a mis-configuration, it won't bug me.

Feel free to hack away the limitation in the code.  You're not braking any
laws by doing so. ;-)

	Geert

--
Geert Hendrickx  -=-  ghen at telenet.be  -=-  PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F