[Dovecot] Possible fix to an old Thunderbird related problem

Marc Perkel marc at perkel.com
Mon Jul 13 03:35:09 EEST 2009

Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 7/12/2009 12:23 PM, Marc Perkel wrote:
>
>> I spoke too soon. Thunderbird is still broken. And it's really frustrating.
>>

> I'm sure Timo and others (myself included) would like more details...
>
> *What* is broken?
>
> Dovecot config details (dovecot -n output and other info that isn't
> provided by that output)?
>
> Logs exhibiting the problem?

I'm not sure where the problem is. Thunderbird always starts out fine.
But after running for some time the message count of unread message will
increase on folder with new messages but when you click on the folders
the new messages don't appear. Or messages appear but seem to be empty
messages. When selecting to empty the trash - the trash doesn't empty,
ot the count of messages in trash will drop down somewhat.

Restarting Dovecot or restarting Thunderbird always solves the problem
for a while. I noticed the problem got a lot worse recently and the last
change was upgrading to 1.2.1. But it's been a serious annoyance for
over a year.

Nothing strange in the logs to report. Wish I had more information.