[Dovecot] Problems with Expire Plugin

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jul 9 21:57:19 EEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 12:12 -0500, Jose Luis Marin Perez wrote:
>  Now my problem is with expire-tool because it is not deleting the
> emails in the folder that has been marked by Expire Plugin.

Did you read how exactly it works?
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/Expire

>  This is the command that I run through crontab:
>
> /usr/local/sbin/dovecot --exec-mail ext /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/expire-tool

Giving --test parameter shows what it's really doing.

> | jmarin at sistemasunidos.com/INBOX.Papelera |   1247162400 |

1247162400 = Thu Jul  9 18:00:00 UTC 2009

So it should have started checking and expunging oldest message(s) from
this mailbox about an hour ago (as of when I'm writing this mail).