[Dovecot] Problem with 1.2 and sieve: failed with unsuccessful implicit keep

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Wed Jul 8 22:03:04 EEST 2009

At 1247075539 time_t, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/rev/6d7f6ea02e17 makes it log the
> current directory in the above error message when the path is relative.

Ok, that helps to see what's wrong, thanks:

Jul  8 20:50:16 prometheus dovecot: deliver(jd at danjou.info):
mkdir_parents_chown(danjou.info/jd/) in directory /var/spool/postfix
failed: Permission denied (euid=8(mail) egid=8(mail))
Jul  8 20:50:16 prometheus dovecot: deliver(jd at danjou.info): copy:
i_stream_read() failed: No such file or directory

Of course, that fails.

The thing is that danjou.info/jd/ is the homedir of the user (returned
by SQL), and as you saw in my dovecot.conf, there's nothing like
/var/spool/postfix for mail_location:

    mail_location = maildir:/var/mail/vmail/%h

/var/spool/postfix is probably the directory where postfix starts
dovecot, since it's the home for postfix user.

I smell (did not dig into the code) that there's a chdir() to
mail_location that is missing for a reason I don't know.

(FWIW, I know have 4 mails in Postfix queue on 4 differents account stuck,
whereas I still receive others mail without any problems (since I read you ;-).

Cheers,
--
Julien Danjou
// ᐰ <julien at danjou.info>   http://julien.danjou.info