[Dovecot] System users, mbox format and global ACLs

Axel Luttgens AxelLuttgens at swing.be
Wed Jul 8 14:47:38 EEST 2009

Le 8 juil. 09 à 04:54, Timo Sirainen a écrit :

> On Tue, 2009-07-07 at 22:53 -0400, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> I had hoped no one would ever try to use ACLs with mbox format.. I
>> don't
>> think I want to try to make it work.
>
> Oops, forgot to delete the second sentence. I did it anyway after some
> internal struggling. :)

Really sorry for having occasioned so much trouble...
As a miserable attempt to diminish my culpability: since various pages
in the wiki explicitely mention the use of ACLs with the mbox format
and the CONTROL setting, I first thought in all innocence that I was
doing something wrong, then tended to believe that some slight glitch
had been introduced with 1.2, and then...

That said, I really think it's a great thing to keep the mbox format
on a par with the other ones[1].
Even if, of course, it comes with its limitations.

So, once again, many thanks.
Axel

[1] As Mark would say: "Compatibility, compatibility...". ;-)