[Dovecot] Unable to (un)subscribe mbox with AIX, NFS and netapp filer

Axel Luttgens AxelLuttgens at swing.be
Mon Jul 6 17:59:41 EEST 2009

Le 6 juil. 09 à 14:00, Ralf Becker a écrit :

> Hello Axel,
>
> attached is a small tool to test fchown on a freshly created file:
> <<t.c>>

Damn... didn't go through... ;-)

> These are the tests I've made using this tool:
>
> [...]
>
> So I should alter the to subject to
>     ... with AIX, NFS4 and netapp ...
> :-)
>

> Back to your question:
>
>> Wouldn't it be worth to check what kind of entity gets created under
>> your environment?
>
> yes and it's just a raw file
>
> and as suspected conclusion
>
> EINVAL is returned because the owner or group ID is not a value
> supported
> by the implementation (of NFS4 on netapp filers?)

I just encountered this one:

	http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2007-July/024059.html

which seems to indicate that a fchmod(fd, -1, -1) appears to fail on
some NFS/OS combinations.
As a result, I'm not sure whether entirely hiding the log message is a
good idea; perhaps just change the logging level would be better, so
that one keeps the ability to track possibly problematic file systems...

Axel