[Dovecot] troubles with broken clients (iPhone)

Axel Luttgens AxelLuttgens at swing.be
Mon Jul 6 15:08:44 EEST 2009

Le 6 juil. 09 à 13:29, Federico Bianchi a écrit :

> Sorry if the question has been answered before, but I haven't been
> able to find any relevant topic on your mailing list archive.
>
> We are using Dovecot 1.1.6 with legacy mbox storage on a mail server
> of ours; the trouble is, users connected via DSL with both a
> computer and a iPhone on the same wireless network experience broken
> connections - this is very likely a file locking issue, and as such
> might happen with other broken clients relying on persistent
> connections.
>
> My question: is there a way to tell Dovecot the lock is owned _only_
> by the latest connection opened by the same user, therefore closing
> all the others?

Hello Frederico,

Which protocol do the client use? Both POP? Both IMAP? Or POP and IMAP?
Don't you see anything in the logs related to those "broken
connections"? And how are those failures shown by the clients?
On what kind of storage are the mailboxes stored?
And could you show us the output of dovecot -n?

Axel