[Dovecot] about Update Road and no IDLE in CAPABILITY

kfx kadafax at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 15:48:47 EEST 2009

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Jul 2, 2009, at 1:18 PM, kfx wrote:
>
>> My second question is how to have the IDLE mode to appear in the
>> server's CAPABILITY announce (without touching imap_capability in the
>> conf ?)
> ..
>> * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
>> STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN] My Message
>
> Are you sure it's not working? The capabilities listed above are the
> pre-login capabilities. If client issues CAPABILITY command or after
> client logs in, the full capability list is sent which contains IDLE.

Oh ok it is indeed working !
# telnet 127.0.0.1 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN] MyMessage
WILLITBLEND? CAPABILITY
* CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE SORT
THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT IDLE CHILDREN
NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH
ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH QUOTA STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN
WILLITBLEND? OK Capability completed.

So if now some sysadmin can tell how do they manage to update their
dovecot (from source) installation, it would be great !

Thanks again,
kfx