[Dovecot] Directory Layout Performance

Thu Jul 2 13:01:01 EEST 2009

On 7/2/2009, tomas at tuxteam.de (tomas at tuxteam.de) wrote:
> [...] Yeah, I know Reiser should have better performance with [...]
>
> Hm. I think Reiser is for those "make sure you know what aou're doing".
> I have myself some partitions on Reiser, but I'm not so sure I would
> base critical stuff on it.

Lets please stop with the FUD.

Yes, Reiserfs had a few bugs early on... but I have been running 3
production servers on it for 4 years, with zero problems (even went
through 3 unclean shutdowns)... yes, there have been problems, but, the
same can be said of every single filesystem out there.

If you based your decision of what filesystem to use on whether or not
there have ever been any serious problems encountered with it, you
wouldn't have a computer.

--

Best regards,

Charles