[Dovecot] managesieve/README sieve_storage doc confusion

Stephan Bosch s.bosch at utwente.nl
Fri Jan 30 19:41:56 EET 2009

Steffen Kaiser wrote:

> Hello,
>
> http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-1.2-managesieve/file/tip/README contains
> the paragraphs (line 47):

Do'h! I forgot to rename those into sieve_dir. As per v1.2, the
sieve_storage setting was renamed to sieve_dir and moved to the plugin
section. This setting was already in use by the Sieve plugin and this
change removes the possibility of specifying different directories for
the ManageSieve service and the Sieve plugin.

I revised the README a little more than only the mention of
sieve_storage. It was not very coherent anymore since the last major
config changes. It should be much clearer now.

> What's the correct meaning and placement of sieve_storage and sieve_dir ?
Sieve_storage is depricated (if accepted at all). You should only use
sieve_dir and place it in the plugin section. This way, both Sieve and
ManageSieve use the same directory at all times. For identical reasons,
the 'sieve=' setting is now located solely in the plugin section as well.

Regards,

Stephan.