[Dovecot] cmusieve don't works for me...

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Thu Jan 22 23:47:30 EET 2009

Claudio Prono schreef:
> Ok, sorry to bother again, but i am going crazy to make work cmusieve
> with dovecot. I intend to use it for the vacation system, but...seems
> the system ignores the .dovecot.sieve file into the user dir... I am
> doing something wrong, but i don't know what...
>
> Here is my configs:

> sieve(managesieve): /var/mail/virtual/%d/%u/.dovecot.sieve

> plugin:
>   quota: maildir
>   quota: maildir:user quota
>   quota_warning: storage=80%% /usr/bin/quota_warning.sh 80
>   quota_warning2: storage=90%% /usr/bin/quota_warning.sh 90
>   quota_warning3: storage=99%% /usr/bin/quota_warning.sh 90

> What can be my error?

You need to add a sieve= setting to the plugin {...} section as well for
Dovecot v1.1. So copy it to there from the protocol managesieve {...}
section. This duplicate configuration is removed for v1.2. With your
current configuration it is looking for the Sieve script in the user's
home directory (~/.dovecot.sieve) if he even has one.

Enable mail_debug to see what it is doing.

Regards,

--
Stephan Bosch
stephan at rename-it.nl