[Dovecot] Dovecot and .forward

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Wed Jan 21 16:14:07 EET 2009

On 21.01.2009 14:50 Claudio Prono wrote:
> Hello to all,
>
> There is something to be configured to allow dovecot to use the .forward
> file into the user's maildir? I have done some test, but seems dovecot
> don't look into the .forward file and no result at all.
>
> I use Postfix with the deliver of dovecot, here is my dovecot configuration:
>
> # 1.1.7: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
> # OS: Linux 2.6.25.18-0.2-pae i686 openSUSE 11.0 (i586) ext3
> auth default:
>   passdb:
>     driver: sql
>     args: /etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf
>   userdb:
>     driver: passwd
>   userdb:
>     driver: sql
>     args: /etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf
>
> Any suggestion to debug that problem?
>
> Thank u,

Dovecot doesn't read .forward files from users.
Postfixs local (LDA) reads .forward files - BUT not from virtual users
home directories.

You could use the cmusieve plugin which supports
'redirect "an at addr.ess"'

Regards,
Pascal

--
Ubuntu is an ancient African word meaning “I can’t install Debian.”
                                                         -- unknown