[Dovecot] Dovecot optimisation

Tue Jan 20 12:48:26 EET 2009

On 1/20/2009 4:10 AM, Proskurin Kirill wrote:
> We use Dell 2950 with 4GbRAM at FreeBSD-7.0-p9 - load avarage never
> upper a 0.5

You don't give dovecot version... don't you think that might be important?

> We have about 500 clients most of it use Outlook 2007 via IMAP.
>
> We run in this problems:
> 1) Sync of imap folder is really slow(I think it is Outlook problem)

Yes, Outlook is a notoriously bad IMAP client, but 2007 is supposed to
be a bit better behaved than previous versions...

> *dovecot -n don`t give full conf so i use this:*

If dovecot -n doesn't give expected results, that may be a clue...
doevecot -n gives the config that the running version of dovecot is
actually USING - so if it contradcits what you expect, then you are most
likely editing the wrong config file.

Please provide FULL dovecot -n output always, then copy/paste the stuff
that isn't included (like the contents of dovecot-sql.conf if using it,
etc)...

--

Best regards,

Charles