[Dovecot] 1.1.9 release candidate

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Fri Jan 16 17:20:55 EET 2009

On 16.01.2009 00:06 Timo Sirainen wrote:
> http://dovecot.org/tmp/dovecot-1.1.9.rc.tar.gz
>
> There are a couple of a bit larger changes, so would be nice if a few
> people tested this on different setups before I released the final
> v1.1.9.
>
> Changes since v1.1.8:
>
> 	[…]
> 	- pgsql: Handle reconnecting to server without failing auth lookups.
> 	[…]

Hi Timo,

I've compiled v1.1.9.rc on OpenBSD 4.2. After restarting the PostgreSQL
server I'm getting this error:

Jan 16 16:16:53 vh3 dovecot: auth(default): sql(user at example.org): User query failed: FATAL:  terminating connection due to administrator command
Jan 16 16:16:53 vh3 dovecot: auth(default): kevent(EV_DELETE, 10) failed: Bad file descriptor
Jan 16 16:16:53 vh3 deliver(user at example.org): Auth lookup returned failure

Next time when Postfix tries to deliver messages Dovecot reconnects to
the database:

Jan 16 16:20:19 vh3 dovecot: auth(default): pgsql: Connected to mailsys

Regards
Pascal
--
Ubuntu is an ancient African word meaning “I can’t install Debian.”
                                                         -- unknown