[Dovecot] Procmail + Dovecot

Mark Nyqvist Hjarding mark at hjarding.dk
Fri Jan 16 12:06:10 EET 2009

I have been trying to set up procmail but I am running into some issues
with using deliver. I am running Debian Etch with Dovecot 1.1.8 compiled
from the Debian Experimental source package.

##### Start .procmailrc #####
# System-wide settings for procmail
SHELL="/bin/bash"
SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t"
LOGFILE="/var/log/procmail.log"
DELIVER="/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver"

# Set to yes when debugging
VERBOSE=yes

# Some news clients, such as slrn & nn, use $HOME/News
DEFAULT="$HOME/"
MAILDIR="$HOME/"

# Directory for storing procmail-related files
PMDIR=$HOME/Procmail

# Put ## before LOGFILE if you want no logging (not recommended)
LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log

:0 w
* ^(From|Cc|To).*(suspend2|tuxonice)
| /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -m .mail.tuxonice
##### End .procmailrc #####

When I receive a matching email I get the following in my Procmail log:
procmail: Match on "^(From|Cc|To).*(suspend2|tuxonice)"
procmail: Executing "/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver,-m,.mail.tuxonice"
procmail: Error while writing to "/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver"
procmail: Program failure (78) of "/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -m .mail.tuxonice"

The email then ends up in my INBOX instead.

Can anyone help me how to fix this?

/Mark