[Dovecot] Adding Disclaimer to emails

Jase Thew bazerka at beardz.net
Thu Jan 15 10:06:16 EET 2009

Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 8:40 PM, Romer Ventura <rventura at h-st.com> wrote:
>
>> That's what i thought. And it is not me who wants to put the disclaimer...
>> It is the CFO and CEO so if they say put it, i have to put whatever they
>> want to put in it...
>>
>> Thanks
>

> So tell them it's not possible with Postfix (we don't even do it with Exim)
> and justify it. Then ask them (subject to your willingless to go that way
> and their willingness to pay for the hardware and software) to take you for
> M$ Exchange training, buy Exchange, buy third party software to add
> disclaimers and you are ready to go!
> They are "god" anyway, so you just want to do as they say/want:-)

I don't know whether that was intended as sarcasm or not, but it
certainly _is_ possible to do it with Postfix, albeit with the help of
external scripts/utilities.

One of the most common ways of doing it is to employ the use of
AlterMIME. Googling for "postfix disclaimer" will bring up various
HOWTOs detailing how to implement this with AlterMIME , along with other
solutions.

Regards,

Jase.