[Dovecot] Deliver *sometimes* delivers via /tmp?

Amon Ott ao at m-privacy.de
Mon Jan 12 15:58:27 EET 2009

Am Maandag 12 Januor 2009 schrieb Kim Bisgaard:
> I'm running dovecot (1.1.7) deliver and sieve (1.1.5) on a Fedora 9
> platform, using selinux targetet mode.
>
> Most of the mail deliveries goes well, but once deliver tried to copy
> the mail to the /tmp directory, which it seems it not allowed by
> selinux. I guess that deliver wants to sanitize the mail or something
> and therefore copies it to /tmp.
>
> Before I ask for selinux to allow this, I would like to know why? It
> could also be an error, leading deliver into a seldom used piece of code?

This is a size issue: Normally, the mail is held in memory. However, if it
hits some hard coded size limit (128KB?), the mail is saved into /tmp. I have
hit the same problem with my RSBAC settings and looked it up in the code.

Amon Ott
--
Amon Ott - m-privacy GmbH
Am Köllnischen Park 1, 10179 Berlin