[Dovecot] Apple patch 9

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jan 9 18:23:41 EET 2009

On Wed, 2008-12-31 at 01:31 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > - CRAM-MD5 and APOP request/response handler stealing is pretty
> > evil, especially with the duplicated structs. I'm sure there's a
> > better way, although probably requires larger changes.
>
> Maybe a new passdb_module_interface.verify_challenge_response() method
> which is used if lookup_credentials=NULL. I know passdb checkpassword
> could also support a similar feature.

I did some cleanup changes to v1.2 auth code that makes this slightly
easier. Then I started also the rest of it but it was getting more
complex than I thought initially, so I ended up just saving the
non-working patch:
http://dovecot.org/patches/1.2/auth-verify-response.diff

I think I'll release v1.2 without your patches. I had hoped v1.2.0 would
have been released already and I don't really want to cause any more
delays to it.