[Dovecot] PDF corruption issue

Thu Jan 8 12:29:10 EET 2009

On 1/8/2009, Ed W (lists at wildgooses.com) wrote:
> I personally suspect Thunderbird, but it's possible that it is related
> to Dovecot

I have also seen TBird have a corrupt local cache of the file... it
seems to usually happen to people who I know are the 'impatient' type,
and will click on a message with a large attachment, then when it
doesn't respond *immediately*, start clicking on other messages/folders...

I know it is a local cache problem because if I delete the local copy of
the folder in question and force TBird to re-download the message from
the IMAP server, the PDF (or whatever) is fine... so yes, TBird has a
problem in this area...

--

Best regards,

Charles