[Dovecot] cannot delete emails in inbox

JANE CUA jcua at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 6 02:06:34 EET 2009

Hi,

I found this in my dovecot.log
dovecot: Jan 05 15:13:42 Error: IMAP(jane): file_lock_dotlock() failed with mbox file /var/spool/mail/jane: Permission denied
dovecot: Jan 05 15:13:42 Error: IMAP(jane): file_lock_dotlock() failed with mbox file /var/spool/mail/jane: Permission denied

My current /var/spool/mail is
-rw-rw---- 1 jane mail  Jan  5 15:51 /var/spool/mail/jane

from this reference http://wiki.dovecot.org/MailboxFormat/mbox I've added
mail_privileged_group = mail
I also did the chmod +t /var/spool/mail

Restarted dovecot.  I still get the same problem?

What is the mtime of your dovecot.index.cache file? Is it significantly
older than the last new message? --Where can I find this? I am new to dovecot.

Rdgs,
Jane