[Dovecot] Account Migration Tool

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Wed Dec 9 10:54:59 EET 2009

* Stefan Onken <support at stonki.de>:
> Hello,
>
> > goto http://www.linux-france.org/prj/imapsync/ and read the description
> > in the README file.
> > I've never tested this tool. But I think the description matches your
> > 'requirements'.
>
> I used to tool to convert dozen of email account with up to 9GB each. No
> problem at all. Just do not forget to use the --subscribe option :)

Definitely our preferred tool. The last time we used it, we migrated 25.000+
accounts and yes, we enabled --subscribe on the second run too... ;)

We also disabled syncing shared folders from the Exchange Servers; they
weren't needed on the new system.

It's also nice to have a wrapper script that tracks exit codes and writes
errors to a log, so you can attend them once the first run has passed through.

p at rick