[Dovecot] v2.0 configuration parsing

Mon Aug 10 22:39:28 EEST 2009

On 8/10/2009, Timo Sirainen (tss at iki.fi) wrote:
> Yeah, I'm beginning to think something like this would be good, with
> perhaps some restrictions in how the configuration blocks could be used.
> But is it better to use the first or the last match?

For a filter (like a firewall), it makes sense to have the first match win.

For config stuff, I think the LAST should win... at least, thats how
postfix works...

Or maybe even better, if you have the same setting defined twice, you
could also detect this and issue a warning, like you do now for fd's set
too low...

--

Best regards,

Charles