[Dovecot] getmail and Dovecot LDA deliver

spacejam tobster at tobisworld.homeip.net
Mon Aug 10 12:22:55 EEST 2009

Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On Aug 10, 2009, at 4:50 AM, spacejam wrote:
>
>> My question is: How do I let deliver know that it should use a
>> virtual user?
>> I tried with the -d agrument in my getmail rc File, but deliver never
>> accepts the parameter -d (always says unknown parameter -d).
>
> Either you're using some really ancient deliver version or the error
> message comes from getmail or something else besides deliver. So, what
> Dovecot version do you use? And also copy&paste the exact error
> message (and maybe other messages too) that you get. And the getmailrc
> could help too.

I compiled deliver from Dovecot-1.0.15 The -d parameter is accepted by
deliver if Postfix invokes the mailbox_command to "deliver" emails to
virtual accounts. The error message from deliver is something like "deliver
unknown argument -d username" (I will check the exact message this evening
after work). As well I will post the content of the destination section from
my rc file which tries so invoke deliver for mail delivery to virtual
account.
I'm pretty sure that the error message comes from deliver as the program
name (deliver) is mentioned in the logfiles with the error message