[Dovecot] patch: list shared namespace

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Fri Oct 31 21:42:22 EET 2008

On 28.10.2008, Bernhard Herzog wrote:
>  - The dovecot-acl-list is not always rebuilt, even when it should have
>    been, AFAICT.  In particular, if the file exists but is empty, it's
>    never updated, even when ACL later change.  Maybe this is a bug in
>    the Kolab branch.

It happens with vanilla dovecot 1.2 too.   Here's my analysis so far:

The dovecot-acl-list is rebuilt by acl_backend_vfile_acllist_rebuild which
called in two places, acl_backend_vfile_acllist_refresh and
acl_backend_vfile_acllist_verify.  The _refresh-funtion rereads the file if
it has changed and rebuilds it if it cannot be read.  The _verify-function
checks whether any of the acl files referenced by the dovecot-acl-list file
has been changed and rebuilds the dovecot-acl-list file if that's the case.

The behavior of the _verify funtion is the problem.  It only rebuilds if any
of the already referenced acl files has changed but not if new acl files have
been created.  I'm not sure yet what the best way is to determine whether new
mailbox whose acllist is being verified has a new acl file.

Cheers,

   Bernhard

--
Bernhard Herzog  |  ++49-541-335 08 30  |  http://www.intevation.de/