[Dovecot] patch: list shared namespace

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Fri Oct 31 13:52:58 EET 2008

On 28.10.2008, Bernhard Herzog wrote:
>  - List with "%" doesn't list all intermediate mailboxes.
>
>    On the one hand arthur sees this:
>
>      x LIST "" "*"
>      * LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "/" "users/ford"
>      * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "users/ford/INBOX/hhgttg"
>      x OK List completed.
>
>    OTOH, with "%" only this:
>
>      x LIST "" "users/ford/%"
>      x OK List completed.

I've looked into this.  The problem is that acl_mailbox_list_info_is_visible
in src/plugins/acl/acl-mailbox-list.c considers nonexistent mailboxes as not
visible.  The attached patch fixes that for me.  I'm not sure it really is
the right fix, though.  Maybe it would cause some mailboxes to be listed even
though they shouldn't.

There's one thing about acl_mailbox_list_info_is_visible and struct
acl_mailbox_list_iterate_context that I don't understand.  What's the member
struct mailbox_info info; used for?

Regards,

   Bernhard

--