[Dovecot] Backing Up

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Oct 30 20:59:45 EET 2008

on 10-30-2008 11:42 AM Allen Belletti spake the following:
> I'd like to add my vote here as well; dbox would be *the* feature that
> would make me happy. I'm the guy who asked a few weeks ago about ways to
> speed access on our GFS clustered mail environment.
>
> Meanwhile, I've done some preliminary testing with mbox. As expected,
> it's vastly faster than the Maildirs that we're using now. Of course it
> pains me to go "backwards" but that may be the interim solution. I got
> stopped temporarily when it seemed that I couldn't nest folders using
> mbox, but hopefully that's untrue.

You can nest folders with mbox, but you can't have "folders" that contain both
messages and other folders. A "folder" in mbox can either hold messages or
other folders, but not both.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and