[Dovecot] quota warning not working

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Oct 29 18:44:38 EET 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 15:38 +0100, Claudio Prono wrote:
> quota_warning = storage=70%% /usr/bin/quota_warning.sh 70
>
> In the plugin section naturally.
>
> All seems to work fine, the quota is calculated right, but seems the
> script is not executed... In dovecot logs i have this:

The warning script should be executed when going from under 70% to over
70% quota or vice versa. Whether is really works like that in all
situations, I don't know. People seem to have been complaining every
once in a while.

> I have added the echo for debug pourpose, but no file was created, so
> the script is not executed. I thinked is a permission problem, but seems
> not. Now the script is like this:

If your script exits with non-zero, Dovecot logs an error:

system(/usr/bin/quota_warning.sh 70) exited with status %d

Also I just added this code to make it always log when executing the
quota warning script if mail_debug=yes:
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/dcea00b0e290