[Dovecot] Keep the email on the server

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Oct 29 17:10:49 EET 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 11:18 -0200, Rubens A. Mascari wrote:
> All mail in the inbox, are brought all the time that you check your mailbox
> input via POP3, causing a large traffic of unnecessary data every time.
> In my opinion
> you should bring only the new mail, unread.

The same mails are downloaded over and over again? I'm guessing using
Outlook as the client? What do you have in pop3_uidl_format? Your
dovecot -n output didn't provide it, which means you're using a
distribution package that set a default for it. Perhaps a bad default.
See http://wiki.dovecot.org/POP3Server -> UIDL format.