[Dovecot] Dovecot and quota enforcement - only reporting?

Wed Oct 29 12:14:08 EET 2008

On 10/28/2008, dovecot at corwyn.net (dovecot at corwyn.net) wrote:
> Wow, that clearly shows I'm not really sure what I'm doing, as I don't really understand the question.
>
> I'm running Postfix, with Dovecot on top. Uses check mail via
> Outlook/IMAP, or Web/Squirrelmail.

Postfix is an MTA (Mail Transfer Agent). It has its own built in
'Delivery Agents' - LDA (Local Delivery Agent) and VDA (Virtual Delivery
Agent). A barebones postfix install will use one of these.

Dovecot is a POP/IMAP server - it allows clients to access existing
messages located on a filesystem somewhere.

'Deliver' is the act of the final placement of an email message to the
final destination filesystem.

It sounds like  you have some reading to do...

Here is the dovecot wiki page on dopvecots 'Deliver' program:

http://wiki.dovecot.org/MDA

--

Best regards,

Charles