[Dovecot] read only FS access

Mathieu Kretchner mathieu.kretchner at sophia.inria.fr
Wed Oct 29 11:10:51 EET 2008

Asheesh Laroia a écrit :
> On Tue, 28 Oct 2008, Mathieu Kretchner wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to know if it's possible to subscribe to a folder that is
>> on a read only File System ?
>>
>> We have a snapshot mechanism that create a .snapshot directly in the
>> user folder. This is done by our NAS and we would like to give an access
>> to this backup to our users.
>
> If you tell Dovecot to store the cache and indexes elsewhere, that
> should work fine.  I haven't tried it, though.
>
> -- Asheesh.

My problem is that dovecot complain when I subscribe to the folder in
read only
I've found this (after my e-mail to this list, forgive me :) )
http://markmail.org/message/l7rybsx27ofq57cp#query:dovecot%20read%20only+page:3+mid:c2ut2u4bajyx22fh+state:results

But could someone tell me if it's working now ? Because it's a little
bit old !