[Dovecot] dovecot -n - provide sys info too? - WAS: Re: Dovecot read only for users

Mon Oct 27 19:17:59 EET 2008

On 10/27/2008 12:29 PM, Scott Silva wrote:
>> Maybe 'dovecot -n' could also provide basic system info (it already does
>> for the dovecot version)? I know the command varies depending on said
>> architecture, but for most systems it could probably easily figure this out?
>>
>> Just a thought...

> Maybe it could brew you a nice cup of tea also?
>
> Come on... Timo can't do *all* of your work. ;-D

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of making it *easier* for
Timo (in the long run)... but yeah, I know what you mean... ;)

The fact is the more info dovecot -n provides for troubleshooting
purposes, the easier it will be to spot the problem without anyone
having to ask for additional info.

For example, it would be nice if dovecot-sql contents (if any) were
included in output of dovecot -n too (and Timo has mentioned that
someday it will be)...

--

Best regards,

Charles