[Dovecot] dovecot -n - provide sys info too? - WAS: Re: Dovecot read only for users

Mon Oct 27 12:51:03 EET 2008

On 10/26/2008, Bill Cole (dovecot-20061108 at billmail.scconsult.com) wrote:
> As the Dovecot website says in reference to this mailing list, you
> should specify your Dovecot version, your OS and version (and with
> Linux, the specific distribution,) your CPU architecture (not
> everyone uses x86,) the type of filesystem you are using for
> mailboxes, and "dovecot -n" output.

Maybe 'dovecot -n' could also provide basic system info (it already does
for the dovecot version)? I know the command varies depending on said
architecture, but for most systems it could probably easily figure this out?

Just a thought...

--

Best regards,

Charles