[Dovecot] Bug? auth(default) Authentication client gave a PID of existing connection

Brandon Lamb brandonlamb at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 18:45:02 EET 2008

Hello,

My first time on this list, just switched from courier imap/pop3
system to dovecot. Imap part is great, pop3 seems to suffer, been
fighting it for a week.

Anyway, the reason for this post is that I have seen these pop up in
my logs, and on one of my mailheads there were some 50 lines of this

dovecot: 2008-10-26 09:33:54 Error: auth(default): BUG: Authentication
client gave a PID 15661 of existing connection

Is this really a bug or anything to be concerned with? I just installed 1.1.5.

I am using Debian lenny/sid on amd64, phenom 9850 4g ram, nfs mounted
maildir format xfs storage.