[Dovecot] New generic userdb lookup api (was: New userdb backend for checkpassword like programs)

Sascha Wilde wilde at intevation.de
Fri Oct 24 17:19:10 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> writes:
> Hmm. auth-client.c is about performing authentication as a
> client. What you're doing is about doing a userdb lookup and
> connecting to  dovecot-auth as a master. So different file, but I'm
> not really sure  about the name. Perhaps auth-master.c and
> auth_master_init/deinit()  auth_master_user_lookup() function?

Ok, I used auth-master.* -- the new code is in changeset f5ce17153a3d in
my kolab-branch at
http://hg.intevation.org/kolab/dovecot-1.2_kolab-branch/ and I made
deliver use it in 94b00e377a25.

I had no time for thorough testing, but in my test-setup it seems to
work like before, so at least I didn't break it completely...  ;-)

Now I have to go back and finally implement the %%h feature for shared
name spaces.

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde                                          OpenPGP key: 4BB86568
http://www.intevation.de/~wilde/                  http://www.intevation.de/