[Dovecot] New userdb backend for checkpassword like programs

Sascha Wilde wilde at intevation.de
Thu Oct 23 19:59:56 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> writes:
> On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 16:18 +0200, Sascha Wilde wrote:
[...]
>> 2.) The exported interface in the respective auth-client.h files is
>>     different.  The solution would be to figure out what the right
>>     interface would be
[...]
> Perhaps something like:
[api sketch]

Looks good to me.  Especially as it solves the "put everything in the
environment" problem in a way I like...  :-)

> I'm not sure about the struct, but maybe something like that. deliver
> would then use the struct to set up environment etc.
>
>> 3.) The deliver version does more than I need, and most certainly more
>>     than it should in the generic case: the most obvious example is that
>>     it sets up RESTRICT_* environment and calls
>>     restrict_access_by_env(TRUE); which surely is nothing I want to
>>     do in my code...
>
> Right. And in general putting all the stuff to environment directly
> isn't that good. With v1.3's config rewrite I'm hoping to get rid of all
> this environment usage.

Ok, so I'll touch it as few as possible and leave it in the deliver
specific files.

>> finally ask the author of the expire plugin to change his code
>
> That'd basically be me.

:-)

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde                                          OpenPGP key: 4BB86568
http://www.intevation.de/~wilde/                  http://www.intevation.de/