[Dovecot] Too many open files

Antonio Casado Rodríguez acasado at ual.es
Wed Oct 22 12:25:08 EEST 2008

Quey escribió:
> On 22/10/08 08:09:23, Antonio Casado Rodríguez wrote:
>> I forgot something,  i use dovecot 1.0.15 in RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.0
>>
>> Do you know the problem?
>>

> Timo has already pointed this out to you.
Perfect.
> In your, hrmm not used RH servers in years being a Skackware'r, but I
> think its in file /etc/init.d/dovecot ?
> At the top of this file, right after the shell declaration, put in
>
> ulimit -n 8192
Ok, I put it in /etc/init.d/dovecot    and now i have:

# more /proc/`cat /var/run/dovecot/master.pid`/limits
Limit                     Soft Limit           Hard Limit           Units
Max cpu time              unlimited            unlimited            seconds
Max file size             unlimited            unlimited            bytes
Max data size             unlimited            unlimited            bytes
Max stack size            10485760             unlimited            bytes
Max core file size        0                    unlimited            bytes
Max resident set          unlimited            unlimited            bytes
Max processes             81919                81919
processes
Max open files            8192                 8192                 files
Max locked memory         32768                32768                bytes
Max address space         unlimited            unlimited            bytes
Max file locks            unlimited            unlimited            locks
Max pending signals       81919                81919                signals
Max msgqueue size         819200               819200               bytes
Max nice priority         0                    0
Max realtime priority     0                    0

Thanks you.